Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Mood Is Right, The Spirits Up

It began today. On a Saturday of all days too. Christmas shopping. How can such a happy time be one of the most dreadful times of the year as well. It was actually a lot better than I had anticipated. After a splendid breakfast at the Farmer's Market, I walked down to Indigo/Mark's/Bulk Barn and did not too bad. More browsing than anything. Then as I was about to walk back home, I saw the trolley waiting so I hopped on it in the spur of the moment and headed towards the antichrist itself...The Charlottetown Mall.

Again, I was surprised and it wasn't so bad inside either. I suppose it is only the first weekend of December so it will get worse. There I did only browsing, and saw a couple of things that sparked ideas but nothing solid. Except for a bottle of wine. But that's for me.

And you know when you are carrying a plastic bag for so long, the plastic begins to thin out and get stronger and begins to dig into your hands? That started to happen and I couldn't take the pain anymore so I headed home.

But I'm pretty sure I'm in the Christmas mood now. It's even earlier than usual since I don't have exams and papers to think about. Weird. We'll be decorating the apartment soon and hopefully getting ourselves a little Charlie Brown tree for the corner. And speaking of trees, The Dunsford Family will soon have our annual tree decorating night. It's the same every year. And just as hilarious every year. Dad or Ian will put up the lights first. Then Ian and I fight over who put the string of beads on last year and eventually duke it out. And even if I win, it usually gets re-done because I've apparently done a shotty job. Pfft. Whatever. It's so my turn this year. Dad will serve us all egg nog and rum while we put the finishing touches on it, while Mom sits back and critisizes where we've put the ornaments. By the end it looks lovely as always, with a fresh scent of pine in the house. Giddy.

1 Comments:

Blogger - said...

So what was in the bag then?

7:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home