Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Live a Little, Be a Gypsy, Get Around

By and by. Another week has come and gone. So fast they seem to go by. It was another fun filled week though. I attended the Hawksley Workman concert at the Wave on Thursday and it was soo good! Everyone there rocked out, and the band themselves had a great time! However despite the fact that I only drank one beer the whole night, I woke up with what seemed to be a hangover. Sheesh.

Friday night was a gathering at my parent's place to celebrate my ripe age of 22, but more or less just to celebrate everything. It was so great to see everyone there! And I THANK YOU ALL! Unfortunately we were kicked out a little earlier than planned, but next time I promise we'll stay for the whole night! As for Saturday...all I have to say is 3 words. Navy Pub Crawl.
See pics from the party and the crawl HERE.

On the domestic side of things, I baked banana bread yesterday for the first time. I had 3 rotting bananas in the fridge and took a trip to the Bulk Barn for the rest of the ingredients. God I love that place. I got all the neccessary baking supplies, and some sunflower seeds for a snack. $1.75! I mean, I worked there for almost 2 years, I should expect those prices, but I am still shocked everytime I go there. Anywho, not to brag, but I think my banana bread turned out great! I wish there was enough to let you all try a piece, but there are only two pieces left. I think I'll try pumpkin pie next. Pumpkins have to be carved this week so I might as well. Ever notice you can use pumpkins like buffalos? You can use every part of the pumpkin. The outside for carving and decorating, the insides for pie, and the seeds you can sprinkle salt on them and bake them for a tasty snack. Now, I've never tried using every part of a buffalo, but I know it has been done.

2 Comments:

Blogger S said...

I like the old roomies pic. You two are squishing into my face so hard that my face is all wrickeled from trying to smile. :)

J'aime drunkin pic

4:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! i was at that hawk concert too, it was great! i really liked the atmosphere of the wave. did you like the opening act, shawn hewitt? my sweetheart and i followed hawksley around the east coast and saw 8 concerts. it was an absolutely awesome vacation.
i'm an admin at hawksley's official fan community, The Soupkitchen - it would be awesome if you dropped by and told us what you thought of the concert! there's tons of cool hawk stuff there too if you want to have a peak. http://www.papershoes.com/board

cheers!
Tkay

2:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home