Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sun Breaks, I Can't Wait



Another humid day on ye fair Isle.

Last Sunday, Dad and I hit up the Blue Rodeo concert and I must say it was a great GREAT concert indeed! They rocked us out of our seats for "Hasn't Hit Me Yet" where the audience sang the whole first verse by ourselves. The whole band was just perfect. Smooth harmonies, a steel guitar, a kick ass piano player, and of course, Jim Cuddy himself. Oh how I want to birth his children. Or at least one night of hot sex.

Then Dad and I headed down to St.James Gate to listen to Mobile Preide and have some beers. I ordered their potato skins and Ooooh MY were they good! The Mobile Preide guys were FANTASTIC as well. Very very talented jazz musicians. I love watching Dad listen to jazz cause he gets so into it. The fake drum sticks in his hand, tapping an imaginary cymbal, and screaming out "YEAH" in a hearty voice after the bassist finishes his solo.

It was a great night of music all around and I'll be awaiting the next.

5 Comments:

Blogger - said...

I CANNOT believe you took a photo. I am surprised you got away with it. They are very strict about taking photos!

8:46 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

They actually told us before the show started that flash photography was permmitted. The whole audience was shocked but so many people had brought cameras anyways.

4:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I LOVE Mobile Preid. Sooo good. I've hung out with those guys before. I'm good friends with Pat and Richard, but I'm going to get to hang out with them a bunch when I'm in Montreal.

2:15 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

Thankyou for your comments miss Ashley D. Your right the palm tree could use a smiley face...that is if i was going for cute. Maybe i'll do a palm tree just for you.

10:58 a.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

ash! i had a dream that you and i were SPIES last night. us and pierce brosnan.

HOT

12:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home