Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Runnin' Wild and Lookin' Pretty


One year ago today. I was there (see photo). Just arriving at the British Virgin Islands in the sweltering heat of 34 degrees celcius. At night. Ahh, how I would love to relive those 3 weeks over and over and over again.

However, a summer spent on PEI is always wonderful and never regretful. You take for granted how much of a little paradise it is here when you live here. My past weekend was spent realizing it, yet again, how much I love it here.

The 2nd annual Toga on the Beach was held at Blooming Point Saturday night. And what a great night it was. Drums beating to guitars which seemed to be playing every 20 feet, camp fires everywhere and people there for all the same reason: to play, sing, dance, and be merry. There was frolicing in the waves at midnight, fireworks, and a couple of sing-alongs led by yours truely! I played 3 or 4 songs on the guitar while people sang! Fun indeed! As the sun came up, we filtered out, tired and sandy to head home for a rest to prepare for...

Camping! Sunday afternoon a group of us headed out to Little Sands for a night of recovery and good ole fashioned camping. I got to use my new tent that I bought with my first paycheck from my new job and got to use my diving fins for the first time since I got them at Christmas. The drive out there was so nice. So many great color combinations and growth of plants. We huddled around the campfire for most of the night, eating copius amounts of hotdogs with plans of staying the for the whole next day but the weather proved to be less than enjoyful. But it was a great time had by all.

So thanks PEI for being so beautiful in the summer and providing us with great and interesting sources of entertainment. I will always return to live on your pretty red dirt no matter where I end up.

In other news, Dad just called to inform he got our Blue Rodeo tickets. Jim Cuddy...you will be mine. OH yes...you will be mine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst, it was actually the 4th toga. Not that you or I hit all of them, but that's the official count. I'll stop being a nit-pick geek now.

3:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home