Thursday, September 15, 2005

Toast, Toast, Toast


I love toast. We finally got a toaster for the apartment. It's the kind like on cartoons when it's done toasting it POPS out of the toaster. It's fun.

You can eat toast at any time of day and you can do many things with toast. I like mine with either just butter or just peanut butter or butter with jam or jelly. My favorite jam is raspberry. I purchased the raspberry jam they have in a big tub at the Bulk Barn. It's really really really good. Probably in the top 2 of best jams.

There's also French Toast and Tuna Toast. Some of you may not know what Tuna Toast is. Dad used to make it all the time for lunch and still does when we want something quick and tasty. One can of tuna, one can of cream of mushroom, mix together and microwave for 5 minutes. Make toast with butter and pour the tuna/mushroom mix on top. Pure deliciousness. My Nanny made it for Dad and his brothers and sisters and Dad made it for us. It's an ol' Dunsford tradition now by the looks of it. Oh yes, and you can't eat it without a side of peas. There must be peas.

So now my breakfast will be complete with our new toaster. I can toast all day if I want. Toast is one of those words that after you say it so many times and begins to lose it meaning. Toast. Toast. Toast. What is toast? Toast. Haha. Oh toast. Would it be mean to name your child Toast? Maybe a middle name. Hey, toast is a verb AND a noun. Neat-o. You don't come across those very often. Be proud toast. Be proud. Oooh I can toast bagels now too!

Don't get me started on bagels.

4 Comments:

Blogger - said...

FINE! I will get you started on bagels. How about my "famous bagel"?

5:53 p.m.  
Blogger jnelle said...

i ate a bagel today, and i had toast yesterday. with homemade honey butter!

delish.

can't wait for hte homewarming party, i have a treat for you and chris (if i can find it)

2:15 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

heeehhehe..yes i knew you couldn't resist..just like whoever tagged me knew that i didn't want to do it, but would go along with it anyway.
Great! you got my package. Glad you enjoyed the film. I'm still making dginificant changes to it, but soon I will consider it done.

I miss thee too, but i have plans to come east next summer. Until then..enjoy your toast

9:31 a.m.  
Blogger T~ said...

You should also try tomatoes and cheese on toast. Cook up chunky tomatoes in a frying pan, and when it's all soft and mushy, put all kinds of cheese (I recommend cheddar) on top, melt it and mix it all in till it's a big gooupy mess, then pour over your toast. It's the Cosh version of your tuna toast. Best comfort food ever, especially when made by mom.

8:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home