Friday, September 09, 2005

Good Rocky's Revival

In 1 hour and 45 minutes I will be sitting in the waiting room at the eye doctor. Oh. My. I can't wait. I have been waiting for this moment for at least 6 months. My eye sight has worsened over the past 2 years since I got my last perscription, with my contacts and/or my glasses, I cannot see everything. Blurs. And I hate not being able to see. I loathe my eyes.

I was always a fan of the eye doctor. Mine's a girl and she's pretty cool. However I'm not the biggest fan of the test they do to you before you go to the doctor's actual office. You set your chin on a holster and stare into a hole with one eye. A picture of a hot air balloon. Oooh it looks so pretty. Oh, there it goes. In and out of focus. But aaah, still so pretty. Than BAM with no warning, nothing, a puff of air gets shot into your eye. It's like the finger pricker at the doctor's office...unnotified momentary uncomfortableness...it's probably for the best I guess. But then you have to do it with your other eye, so this time you know its coming. You nervously stare at the hot air balloon. It doesn't seem as pretty as the first time. And there it goes again. You put your glasses back on with a disgruntled face and wait for the real doctor.

The room is always so soothing. Dim lights and a comfy chair, you sit there as you're tested on different lenses to see which one make the letter "E" on the opposite wall the clearest. Then there's some sort of magical tool where she hovers around my eye, only inches away, looking for trolls inside my eye. I always want to laugh when she does it just cause she's so friggin' close to my face.

So this morning I will get my new glasses perscription, and hopefully some new contacts and then I get to pick out a new frame! The excitement just doesn't end! Soon I will be able to everything, as I fear my eyesight is so bad that my new lens will give me x-ray vision.
A girl can only dream.

2 Comments:

Blogger jnelle said...

who is your doctor yo? do you go to family vision centre?


i always feel like sneezing when they are that close to my face. kinda like wanting to fart when the esthetician is waxing your butt crack...

i mean...what?

4:35 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lazer eye surgery is the way to go!

12:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home