Monday, November 07, 2005

Mortimer...BE QUIET!

In most cases, I do not like hearing the noises from the apartment above. It usually sounds like there is some sort of 8 legged creature running back and forth across the hardwood. Honestly though, I can't figure out. It is definitely a running sound. Heavy foot steps. Back and forth. I never hear the sounds of children, and there is no pets allowed. I mean even when Christopher and I prance around like giddy school girls we don't sound like that. So what is it they are keeping up there?

I would like to imagine it is some sort of half human/half spider thing that isn't allowed out of the apartment so they let it run around periodically for exercise. Or maybe one of them is a tap dancer and practicing a little jig for whomever else lives up there. Or maybe there is no one. Maybe it's a haunted apartment with the numbers 666 on the door and ghosts live in there. Ghosts with a pleasant taste in music of course. All I can hear is Jack Johnson bass lines coming from above right now.

Whatever it is up there making that sound, will remain a mystery. Meanwhile, I will continue to think of indeedly possible theories of what it is.

6 Comments:

Blogger - said...

I have decided to break my time of silence...

I too hear the people/things upstairs. I also hear the people coming down the hall or stairs and the person next door. Someone around us snores and someone REALLY likes Tracy Chapman.

The tones of home!

12:39 a.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

Did you ever sleep in my basment at old 7 glencove? If so then you are probably aware of the noises one would hear comming from upstairs , in the mornings. It kinda sound liked a cross between scrapping finger nails and a heavy wet cloth being dragged around. while sitting in the basement one could come up with many mental images about what could be making these intense sounds. however it's all rather fruitless, unless your wanting to tell an amzing story. It's really just the dog tip toeing around the house. however their was no mistakeing the other BOOm BOOMB BOOM noise of amy comming down the stairs

12:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is probably a cockamouse. Half cockroach half mouse and it can fly.

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger Janette said...

We had what sounded like marbles in our ceiling when we lived in Brown's the summer before last. Out of nowhere, something would drop and then roll across the entire length of the ceiling:

Plunk... Plunk... Plunk... rooooooooooooooollll

I kind of missed it after we moved out.

8:39 a.m.  
Blogger S said...

Sometimes in my apartment is sounds like someone with splash-pants is walking around when its just the two of us there sitting on the couch. And doors like to slam by themselves.

We haven't found a badly dressed ghosts yet though ;)

1:20 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

clang clang rattle bing bang, gonna make my noise all day!

12:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home