Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wheat Kings and Pretty Things


Here it is! Candy Manor! Me and Nancy Lou Who spent our Sunday evening creating a gingerbread house. It was probably the giddiest thing we've done in a while. We bought the kit at Bulk Barn, which came with instructions and a recipe for the icing. The icing was crazy to make because it had to be so thick. I was eventually able to hold the spoon upside down and the icing would not even budge. It was even more fun to squeeze it out of the icing bag. It was like grout. And I L-O-V-E grout.

The decorating was the funnest part. And I know that is not a word, but it really should be. All of except the sprinkles on the roof turned out to be a little more tedious than expected, but damn it looked good in the end. For more pictures at different angles, just click the photo. It came with a snowman, Christmas tree, and gingerman to decorate as well. I decorated the tree, and Nancy the snowman. We both contributed to the gingerman, who we fittingly named Frank. Unfortunately I did not have my camera on me at the time we finished, so you may observe missing candies along the roof. I am assuming someone may have felt a little peckish as they walked by Candy Manor. However I can't blame them. I did eat a swedish berry off the back fence. Sorry Nance.

All in all, it was a fabulous way to spend a December night, and only costing us about 20 bucks. Next year we plan on trying to make our own gingerbread for a little challenge. So if you are not yet in the Christmas mood, I recommend trying out one of these.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gingerbread house looks tasty. I've never made one, the thought of eating it after was always to tempting. Good Job Ladies!
tasha

2:23 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

i was informed the lights started falling off ... and were promptly eaten by adam.

tho i have a sneaky suspiscion he just picked them off and ate them, but he denies it.

i GUESS i'll trust him.

3:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home