Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Don't Go to Sleep to Dream

Just worked the graveyard shift. 10pm to 6am. Holy. Fuck. I do not like them. Hopefully never again I will encounter it again. See!? That sentence didn't even make grammatical sense, or maybe even psychological sense. But I understand it, and will not backspace. This staying up the whole night thing sure doesn't feel like it used to when you'd stay up till 6am at your friend's sleepover birthday party. Not even close. Not even close to those mornings when you're still drunk at 6am and just arriving home. At least you can pass out. Right now I am spry and hungry and anxious. Due to my inability to sleep during the day, I have not yet rested or neared anything close to REM brainwaves. Knowing that I would want to crash in mid-morning, I popped two, yeah that's right, TWO caffeine pills before work. Smart one Ash, the girl whose heart beats like a Ben Harper jambay solo at the sight of caffeine. Shiza. However, I can feel me coming down from them. Eyes glazing, getting heavy, the shakes are fading...

Good night sun.

4 Comments:

Blogger shan said...

HAHA.
I do it on a regular basis now. And I like it. I don't like missing out on the daytime but I really like the actual shift. You can feel kinda crazy once you are off if you don't prepare properly. Unfortunately, caffeine pills are not proper.

9:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new color. Much nicer than the green. Just thought i'd stop by to call you a phant, and say that i'll see ya at curling tomorra. Pooshat, we're gonna be good.

PS, don't forget to find your curling sweater.

12:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update:

Who now holds the title of section D champions?? That would be us.

11:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do it all the time but it is always the dissapointing thing when you have to waste the day by sleeping til 3 or so then the cycle starts all over again and you feel drained. but if you sleep with someone then it makes it all worth while.

10:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home