Thursday, April 06, 2006

They Call Me Mister Fahrenheit

I almost passed out yesterday. I went pale from head to toe, everything started to go black and fuzzy. Dizzy. So I walked out. Zig zagged through a few people who were still able to continue on with the exercises and went and sat on the toilet.

I went to a new fitness class called Largo Fitness. Robyn and Lisa both go to this regularly. They warned me it was a beast of a class. The instructor is this Phillipino kick boxer named Manny. He is very nice and asked me what kind of workout I normally do. I said, "my own workout." He laughed. Oh Manny. So I'm all pumped for this new exciting workout. Energy's flowing, adrenalin's pumping, there's about 30-some people in the room. There is no stopping or breaks either. And you're not advised to drink water during the workout or eat within 3 hours before. Sheesh. 40 minutes in, the paleness comes, then the fuzz. Then I leave.

Feeling somewhat embarassed, and slightly disappointed that I could not go on, an older lady followed me into the bathroom. "I saw you in the mirror and you went white as a ghost, so I came to check on you," she says. I instantly felt comforted and not so silly. She gave me a wet paper towel and told me only to wet my lips...not drink. When some color came back, I went out and tried again. Yep, couldn't do it. The blackness came back so I left again. By this point though the class was almost over and they were now doing suicides across the floor. More people started to filter out as they had exhausted themselves as well. I chatted with others about the insanity of the workout and nearly everyone had the same experience the first time. Now they're all hard core at it.

Anywho, it was fun and Manny is a hoot. He makes you count out loud as you're doing things, and I thought he was yelling "COW" at me, but it turned out to be "COUNT." Those accents get ya every time. He makes you feel welcome and gives you lots of advice. Like how to get rid of plain legs, eh Robyn? The people who go are very friendly and supportive. So if you want a good challenging workout, give it a try. It's in Stratford, right behind the Funeral Home. So you only have a short ways to go if it kills ya! I'll be back, and hopefully will make it through the whole thing next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

I have yet to attempt this, but I have heard about Manny many a time, and think he would be a hoot and a reason to challenge oneself. Perhaps I will try, when my toe heals from the kickboxing in the garage.. it's dangerous in there!

8:32 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

aww are you feeling better now, dear dunsford?

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Yes Luka, I am feeling better now. I was quite sore though the day after. And I'm still aching a little now, but nothing a Dunsford can't handle! And Joy, you should definitely try it once your toe heals..hehe.

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger Tay said...

I did a kickboxing class with Manny back in the day, and it damn near killed me. Of course, no one gave me the warning about water, and I started throwing up about half way through.

The man IS pretty awesome though.

4:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home