Friday, February 24, 2006

I am Aglow


Walking this morning I was greeted by this fellow creature on one of the tree encrusted paths I usually take. We just stood 6 feet away looking at each other. He looked much more vibrant though, contrasting against the snow. Then he flew away. And he got me fantasizing. This time about Spring. It's no Summer, don't get me wrong, but it's a great lead-in and definitely has an aura of its own. It's the birds that always get me excited. The birds are equally as excited because they too, know what is to come. They're singing, playing, making friends, finding mates, eating leftovers. They know how to work it. At this point the snow is almost gone, enough to take the garbage out in barefeet. Ooh barefeet. And the air is still crisp but warm enough to open all the windows in the house and get rid of stale old Winter smells. Spring cleaning. Even that excites me. I'd even Spring clean any of your houses I enjoy it that much. Given you have a stereo that can play loud music. Do any of you have certain CD's (or maybe even a song) that you associate with Spring? Mine are No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom and Nelly Furtado's Whoa Nelly. They are perfect for Spring music, for that sunny day you clean in your barefeet with the windows open. Now speaking of Spring music, I have a new CD I'd like to add to the list. However I have not had a chance to listen to it in the actual Spring, but I have a good feeling about it. It is Sarah Harmer's latest, I'm a Mountain. It is really really really really good. I am Aglow being my iTunes song of the week. Loves it.

As much as I anticipate for warmer days, Winter hasn't been all that bad. I've been out snowboarding a couple of times so far, went skating, watched some live hockey games, made a snowman, drank hot chocolate, played lots of guitar, and am making a puzzle. Now the EMCA's are here!! Mom and Dad both are hosting a segment on ECMA radio so make sure you tune in if you can! Plus, if anyone wants to hit up the 72-hour Jam at some obscure hour, say 5:16am tonight (or tomorrow morning I suppose) let me know. Or just meet there. We'll make it an early morning escapade.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I am a fake mountain

8:50 a.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

I am a fake mountain

8:50 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

HAHAHA! Oh how I love that one.

The mountains hold many secrets...but the biggest is this...

Good ole Jack Handy. Oh,and I haven't sent your parcel yet, it's still being prepared...but it should be gone by mid week. Be prepared...mwahahah!

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

Can't wait! I love mail!

9:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home