Saturday, February 11, 2006

Here Little Darlin', Don't Shed No Tears

I don't know if it's just that time of month and my hormones are running wild or what, but I cried on the treadmill yesterday. Yes. I. Did. And I am not a crier. There are only two movies that have ever made me really cry. My Girl and Turner and Hooch. So, I'm on the treadmill at the gym, running me arse off, and one of the 4 televisions had the country music channel on. Ever see the video for "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks?? Well. It's about a boy with Down's Syndrome and he is training to run in his high school's track meet. It has the encouraging coach, the supportive mother, and the father that doesn't really believe in him. Ho-Lee. The tears came a-streaming as I'm running 6kph. Slightly embarrased, I wipe my tears, swallow the lump of happy sadness in my throat, and turn my head to watch the smut playing on MuchMusic on one of the other TVs. Thinking I had pulled myself together, I turned back to Garth Brooks. Tears instantly. I immediatly looked away and never looked back.

4 Comments:

Blogger - said...

Looking back is not always productive. However, sometimes it is important as it can be used to let us know how far we have come.

Crying is not bad at all. It is very therapeutic and relieving. As a crier, I enjoy it!

2:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ONE and ONLY movie that ever made me cry was Homeward bound, when the golden retriever just wasn't coming home. Such a sad movie, with a happy ending.

I actually don't think I ever remember you crying. Hmmmm?

As you can tell, i'm really bored tonight, but i'll be out of this horrid city and back to lil ole PEI on Thursday. We are doing something, cause I haven't seen you since October, when we gave you your surprise Red Light District b-day card. Remember?? Hehehe.

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Tay said...

I hear ya, sista! Today I spent most of my day either crying or near tears. Watching the olympics (at work!!), grey's anatomy, extreme makeover home edition. But, I am a crier. Always have been. And I agree with singingsally...it's definately therapeutic!

10:35 p.m.  
Blogger jnelle said...

so far, i have read that at least two people on my msn have cried over this new tim hortons commercial, with the grandfather at the ice rink. i have not yet seen it. i want to, becuase il ike to cry too!

i also cried at the gym before because of the same video!

1:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home