Friday, December 23, 2005

Hi Dee Ho Ho Yum Yum Yum

After lugging a 15 lb turkey home, in a storm, uphill from work last week, I decided to pull a Martha Stewart. I decided to be domestic and make a turkey dinner! I am not an acclaimed chef by any stretch of imagination, and I am definitley not patient when it comes to cooking. However, I was up for the challenge.

I bought the accessories at the grocery store and had the turkey bathing naked in salmonella concentrated water. I was patient for the most part in letting the turkey just sit there, but once I made the dressing, I just wanted to stuff it! So with the help of Adam, we ripped out the innards, which proved to be a little more difficult than expected. Liver is so fun to play with.

So it cooked, and Janette helped to prepare the rest of the meal. Whipped potatoes, carrots and broccoli, cranberry sauce, and even GRAVY! I hate gravy but I made it! And I think it turned out OK. Did it? Tash brought over some delicious peanut butter cookies for dessert and Breck treated us to large vats of 12$ wine to complete the meal.

A good time was had by all and it was a nice way to send each other off before we all return to our families for Christmas. And now I can say I've made a turkey dinner! David Wayne will be so proud. I need an apron now. Me and Dad used to have matching aprons when I was a wee one, but mine was tiny. Anywho, It's almost noon and Robyn is arriving soon to begin drinking. I think I'm in for some trouble. If you see me in a snowbank tomorrow, or maybe even this afternoon, please, take me home.

Merry Christmas Y'all!

7 Comments:

Blogger ♥Jane♥ said...

Merry Christmas Ashley!

Let me just say that your gingerbread house looks awesome! Can you eat those things after you make them?

Hope you have a great Christmas :)!

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Thanks Jane!

And yes! Surprisingly you can eat it and it tastes great! I thought everything was going to go stale but it was fun eating it. If you could see it now it looks like it got hit by a meteor.

10:03 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

Although I did not find you in a snowbank, I did find your rather intoxicated in the shower.

I am sure it was as lovely dinner. I would not know because I was not there, nor was I invited.

I heart gravy.

10:11 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Well I would have invited you if I hadn't found you, how did you word it, "stuffing your own turkey."

Gravy is for phants.

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

You are correct. I was indeed stuffing my own turkey. It turned it beautifully, if I must say myself. Sometimes it can be difficult getting your hand all the way in there, but mine just slipped right in like a perfect fitting glove.

And yes, I am a phant.

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger Janette said...

Don't forget the dip!!

Thanks for the feast, it was delicious!

10:49 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are now a woman with a turkey under her belt :)

congrats!

nelles

2:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home