Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Take Me on a Trip Upon Your Magic Swirlin' Ship


Ok, I know it's an Islander cliche to talk about the weather...but honestly. This is insane. February is the coldest month here usually. I measure it by the amount of times I have to wear my snowpants each winter. This winter I've only worn them twice. Most other winters past I've worn them at least 6. Yesterday I was out in my spring coat, a hat that barely covered my ears, my smelly, and disinegrating Converse sneakers, and mittens. The mittens were pushing it. I wasn't cold at all. It was glorious. But eerie. As much as I am happy for warm, sunny days, I felt odd. Not quite right. I think I rather it cold and snowy in February. But I could be lying.

In other news, my microwave stopped working the other day. I pulled it out from the wall to look at the back as if I knew what I was looking for. What I found was a bag of bread with, what was one or two, I'll never know, pieces of bread. It was pure brown, moldy dust. Powder. The mold got nuked! Beside was a green slimey bagel. This is because we put the bread on top of the microwave. Sometimes it gets crowded and some things go missing. And get nuked to death. It did remind me though of that TV show "Bump in the Night." Remember that claymation cartoon with those little creatures? Mr. Bumpy and Squishington are the characters I remember. But I remember one episode where a piece of toast falls behind the microwave and gets nuked over and over again. He then comes to life and wreaks havoc around the kitchen. I think it was the Halloween special. Titled, "Night of the Living Bread."

Oh and yes! I knitted my first mitten. It looks a bit like a lobster claw. But I am proud of it. The possibilities are endless when you can knit with 4 needles. Once I master mittens, on to socks!

Props to Shan for finding the picture.

4 Comments:

Blogger - said...

Your Converse sneakers are soon going to look like that bagel. NUKED!

7:29 p.m.  
Blogger jnelle said...

uh oh. i sold you that microwave. i'm sorry. i don't even think i still have the reciept, though if you take it back to walmart, they'll do an exchange witout one! though i did buy it at zellers though......

7:33 p.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Oh yeah! i should have included that in my post. It was moldy bread that made it stop. Now the microwave is working like new!

10:59 a.m.  
Blogger jnelle said...

hahah, oh that is good. it's just that you are a SLOB hahah (kiddin!) man, i found some crazy gross stuff when i was moving out of my pownal st. apartment. mouldy bread has nOTHING on what i found!

12:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home