Monday, January 30, 2006

The Ocean Machine is Set to 9

I'm not sure if I have too much to write about, but I have to write something so I don't have to see that face everytime I go to my blog. Think happy thoughts. Happy thoughts like the first time you went into Toys 'R' Us as a kid. Was that not the bestest day? I went to the Flea Market yesterday. I capatalize it, because it is THE Flea Market of PEI. Anytime I go, I expect something really neat and strange and completely awe-inspiring to catch my eye. But it has not yet happened. I think it takes some rummaging and patience. There was a man though who had built his own elastic shooting machine. It was quite remarkable. Holds 20 elastics and you just rotate the trigger in the back and BOOM BOOM BOOM. Talk about time on your hands. I did get myself some goodies while there. There was a Japanese lady who had really nice knitted goods for cheap, so I got a pair of mittens. 5 bones! And how! Then I found The Witches on VHS. A Roald Dahl book produced by Jim Henson. Combination extroirdinaire. And I got Wings Over America on vinyl. Not only does it have three records of Wings' greatest hits, but it came with a poster. I think Paul's wearing lipstick on it. He looks pretty. In other news I've learned Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone" on the guitar. And now before you make fun, you should hear it it first because it does sound cool. I just need to learn how to wail. Like Cassandra preferably. I think I'll go now. Oh and if anyone has a VCR they want to get rid of let me know. VHS is soo making a comeback.

7 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

oh the flea market...so much crap...you need a more diverse population, like a city the size of vancouver, to have a truly rock'n market. a PEI flea market is just people trading junk.

DIRTY VHS IS NOT MAKING A COME BACK!!! it's DIRTY

1:09 p.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Hahaha. It's so true. People trading junk. Pack rats united. VHS is making comeback. To my house.

2:48 p.m.  
Blogger - said...

Yes, your Kelly take off is very cool. If we got a VCR, that might take care of our computer memory problem! I like it.

4:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, the charlottetown flea market is not just junk! i bought a klingon dictionary AND a pack of mini playing cards in just one visit!
lennie

10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Ok, those mini-playing cards were definitely a treasure (given they are are the ones I saw) and I can't stop counting they ways to use a Kling on dictionary

And this just in...CBC newsworld just made a reference to Zoolander's "Blue Steele" in a story.Love it.

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger Moore Malthus Edison said...

haha I saw the newsworld clip and it also said that trees growing out of your head is gonna be the new fad, well crazy hats at least, but zoolander once said "Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty." Oh and last year I bought a pair of x-country skis at the flea market for $5! And a huge box of scar and driver from 1992-1996! FOR TWO DOLLARS!

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger Tim Gormley said...

Klingon Dictionary!!! Whooo. I have one at my parents house, I should dig it out next time I'm there and we can team up to learn Klingon.

I like the REM quote. One of my favorite albums.

-"Day sleeper"-

6:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home