Monday, February 20, 2006

She Makes the Sign of a Teaspoon


Ladies and Gents...They are complete! I finished knitting my first pair of mittens. Or as I like to call them, Knittens. They are a little pointier than I would have preferred but I think I know how I can fix that on the next pair. Ha. Say that last sentence again. There are 4 "I"s in that one sentence. It kind of rolls. I want to try socks next. Socks you can wear all year around. Mitts, not so much. Nothing is comfier than big ol' socks. Well except for the Cozy Coon. I received a Cozy Coon for Christmas one year. It's basically a big squishy blanket that you could button up around you and wear it like a robe. Oh and a hammock. Hammocks are comfy too. SO just imagine what it would be like wearing big socks, and a Cozy Coon, laying in a hammock all at once. And you get a pillow too I suppose. Pure delight.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

can it be a body pillow?

8:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done! i'm just about to tackle my first mitten knittin' project. hope they turn out to be even half as nice as yours.
lennie

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger T~ said...

So far I'm at half a cuff for the first mitt. it's not going so well, I need someone to rescue it. Maybe I should have just stuck to the scarf plan.

9:08 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

They are a little pointy. You could take an eye out with those things!

Socks are year round, but big ones in the summer. And hammocks are only for summer, so all of that delightfulness combined would make for a sweaty hammock, no?

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Well it depends on the weather if you'll get sweaty. Ideally, it would be late afternoon with a light breeze, just enough to rock the hammock slightly and keep you cool. And yes, Nancy, it can be a body pillow.

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger Tay said...

If my walls were stronger, I'd totally put a hammock up in my room and sleep in it, Gilligan-style. Ash, you totally reminded me of summer and now I'm lusting for it. Oh well, it'll be here before we know it (I just keep telling myself that).

11:44 a.m.  
Blogger Moore Malthus Edison said...

A hammock with a built in body pillow. Or a body pillow with a built in hammock... cosmic...

8:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home