Thursday, February 16, 2006

Let Go of the Jeezley Rope


That's a line from one of Urban Carmichael's songs, that as kids, we would always say. Of course, taught to us by Mom. We tried our hardest to nail it with an Irish accent, but no one could really say "jeezley" quite the same. I never knew him personally, but Mom did, and when she was in The Drill Queens comedy troupe, she played him in a couple of the sketches. One I remember was a spoof on Hinterland's Who's Who commercials. And the being of study was Urban Carmichael. That was a good one. He even came to the show and laughed his arse off. Ever since I can remember, I knew his name, and he was just as much of a celebrity as Sharon, Lois and Bram. I've seen him perform a couple times long ago but wish I'd seen more. I mean with a song called "My Karma Ran Over my Dogma," how could you not want to hear that? He was nothing but Islander and gives me one more reason to be proud of being one. He shall be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home