Friday, May 27, 2005

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary


It has begun. The soil has been tilled, the weeds have been removed, and the rows have been made. I started my garden today!

It started with a trip to VanKampen's where I picked up seeds for peas, green beans, radish, carrots, and spinach. Oh, and some asters for a little floral display.

When I got home I took my wheelbarrow and shovel and headed into the woods. Spent a good 1/2 hour in there digging up some good rich soil to spread over top. I hit a couple of big roots while digging. Sorry trees, I didn't mean to.

So now it's all set to go, or shall i say grow? Hehe. I'm punny. I am very excited about this and will be keeping you all posted on the progress of my garden. And when everything is all grown and ripe, I'll have a celebration and make you all a lovely salad.

And on a side note, I have a day old bowl of vanilla yogurt with bananas in it and it makes my room smell absolutely glorious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home