Thursday, June 09, 2005

We Should Have Each Other to Tea, Huh?

I have just returned home from a 2-day stay in Shediac, N.B at my Grandparents cottage. Mom drove the two of us over as I read her Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. While I was there, I realized I had forgotten how comical my Grandparents really are. Not only are they funny and witty, but observing their behaviour is absolutely hilarious.

Grammy is an extremely bossy woman, who gets her way. All. The. Time. You do not mess with this woman. She takes no shit. I was actually scared of her when I was little. But then I came to appreciate it and she soon then favored me since I am the oldest grandchild. When her and Grampy have arguments (almost always very petty ones), Grammy always wins. Even if we know Grampy was right, you just let her win, and flash Grampy a secret victory smile.

Grampy has a wide selection of really bad jokes, that I always end up laughing at while everyone else scoffs. He does a sweet Donald Duck impresssion. He is absolutely, positively whipped by Grammy. He consults most of his actions with Grammy before performing any of them. Example. Grampy and I were planting flowers in several pots during my stay, and we had come to some left over flowers and not quite sure how to arrange them. Any other person (like myself) would take the left-overs and arrange them as nicely as possible into the remaining pot. Grampy: "Better go ask the boss."

They crack me up. Grammy yells out "Jesus Christ!" in front of 18 of her church-dedicated lady friends, Grampy won't let anyone else load the dishwasher because he has a particular place for everything. The most organized person I have ever met.

I planned on taking pictures, but since Parlee beach is a two minute walk through the trees, I sided for the beach. However, here are some highlights from the trip:

-ate my first whole lobster, and enjoyed it.
-there was a wicked thunder and lightning storm that I sat through in the sun porch.
-Mom and I bought almost 50$ of Red Bull.
-I read over 400 pages from my book while I was there.
-saw a $14 million "cottage" being built on the shore. stupid rich kids.
-had, what I thought was a dead June Bug, stuck on my finger. I FREAKED.
-oh yeah. I went to bed at 9pm on Tuesday night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

50 bucks of red bull!!!

is your brain still alive. I scammed a red bull off a girl at a party a few months back. NEVer again will come near the drink!!

11:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home