Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An L.A Face With an Oakland Booty

Sometimes you just have to let go.

It can be hard at most times. Especially after forming such a long, and what you hoped would be an everlasting relationship. They are there for you whenever you're in a pinch, they're there (Oooh I love when I can homonyms right after one another) when you need that oh-so comforting feeling. They are there.

Then one day, GASP! There is a hole. In your absolutely most favorite pair of jeans. World crumbles. Now I know there are people with worse problems in the world than that. I know. But when you form a bond with Said pair of pants, one tends to trickle a tear of sentiment. I have enough trouble as it is finding a pair of pants I can fall in love with, and now this happens. Well, it happened a while ago I suppose. I have just been indenial. Always with me, the hole begins in the buttocks and/or crotchal area. Why? Who knows. You can think of comical sexual reasons why this may happen. I don't mind.

So I neglected the hole as it was still fairly unseeable by the regular passerby. But eventually it was too much to bare. So I patched the hole up with another piece of denim and purple embroidery thread. Just like new. But now my sweet blue jeans have began to tear right up the crack seam! Gosh-diddly-dang-it! I am still wearing them to this day, but have been told on many occasions, that maybe it is time to put them to rest. Maybe I should, but maybe I will never find a pair of jeans that will give me the same kind of satisfaction as these beautiful blues have. Maybe I'm just being silly.

As for now, I will continue to be indenial about the death of my jeans and wear them whenever I like.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tay said...

Finding a pair of jeans you love is one of the toughest things in the world to do. I found a pair not too long ago, and didn't I catch them on a nail and rip a hole in them?

It just takes too much energy to find new ones. You need to try on 200+ pairs, and need some crack and Red Bull to have the gusto to do so.

11:09 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

I totally understand this problem. And a problem it is. Especially living on such a small Island. I have a pair of jeans I refuse to let go of even though they died a year ago. I still wear them even though they are no longer acceptable in all situations. The holes around the ass are not always met with acceptance. I now refer to them as the "rips". Homonym?

3:20 p.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Sorry Sally...there's no homonym for rips.

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger - said...

Not "rest in peace-s" and rips because they are ripped? Dice?

12:31 a.m.  
Blogger Joy said...

K, this doesn't have anything to do with the jeans but Son-in-Law just came on tv. The dad calls the guy Crotch instead of Crawl and it reminded me of you, haha.

Butt seriously, I am all for saving my fave jeans as long as possible too. And these days, rips are in style!

12:34 a.m.  
Blogger T~ said...

My falling apart jeans get fixed and the fix camouflaged at least twice, then they get put into the "barn pants" pile in the closet, and then they get put into the "to be made into something cool" pile. I have major issues letting jeans go too. *sob*

9:10 a.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

i used to own the perfect jeans. perfect color, perfect size, went with everything i owned. they slowly began to form a hole in the crotchal area.

i was in denial for a long time. i wore them everywhere anyway. my first clue to give them up was when my friends were embarrased to be seen with me at costco. i still didn't give em up.

then one cold day in february, i as volunteering for lennoxville children's day and wore them. not only was i cold and wearing holy jeans (double entrendre, as jeans this good must have come from jesus) but i was practically exposing myself to minors. that was the turning point.

so i went home and ripped them right down the side to the ankle. now that was a hole. i paraded myself (and legs) around my apt building getting one last wear and a few laughs.

then i said goodbye.
sigh.

9:57 a.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

ok heres what you do. buy some stylish long underwear, but not the kind that covers you're whole body, just the pants kind. Make sure it has a cool pattern on it like argyil or pok-a-dots. cuts some more rips in the jeans..like around the knees or somthing. wear the long underwear under the jeans and POOF! your styl'n ..kind of a retro 1993 grunge look.

never have i seen so many posts of such length..about holes in jeans.

10:12 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Smells like teen spirit if you ask me Luke....And maybe I'll just buy an argyle UNI-TARD and wear it with my jeans...than it saves me from wearing underwear, a bra and a shirt. SCORE!

9:47 p.m.  
Blogger jnelle said...

hehe. unitard.

gggg-unitard

2:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home