Thursday, June 16, 2005

A Bad-Ass Mother G.I Joe

Guess what I did today? Nope. Not that. Not that either. Give up you say? OK. I went to the Public Library! Kinda sounds sad, eh? That going to the library was my highlight of the day so far. Don't feel bad for me though. I thouroughly enjoyed it. However I think I set my expectations too high. It's pretty much the same as it always has been. Except there are more computers. The book selection isn't great. After using the UPEI library for so long, it makes the Confed library look shatty.

Either way, it was still enjoyable and I rented out Robinson Crusoe. Dad read me this book when I was little (except it was a shortened kid version) and I loved it. Dad always read me books before bed in hopes to make me fall asleep easier. It had the reverse effect though. Dad would eventually start to trail off and start snoring in mid-sentence. Then I'd have to wake him up and send him to bed.

OH YES. As Christopher and I walked through the Confed Center to the biblioteque, we stopped in at Mavor's to see Sidney. That was also my first time seeing the new restaurant! And OMG...I love it! The carpet, the chairs, the placemats, the fireplace, the stools, the bar...it's beautiful! I want my dining room to look like that. And the menu looks great and is well-priced. I love eating out, and Mavor's is SO the next destination.

Oh, it's pouring rain out.

10 Comments:

Blogger - said...

You forgot to mention your tinge of sadness whilst @ UPEI in the registrar's office!

That aside, it was a lovely afternoon all around. The biblio was a lot of fun. Even if some people smelled really bad.

4:56 p.m.  
Blogger - said...

You forgot to mention your tinge of sadness whilst @ UPEI in the registrar's office!

That aside, it was a lovely afternoon all around. The biblio was a lot of fun. Even if some people smelled really bad.

4:56 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

ash! i so want to go to the biblio too. its up there on my unemployed list of stuff to do.

lets hit it up yo!

5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Nance. We will so go to the biblio. and rent out danielle steele novels.

and just to update. I ate at Mavor's tonight. Chicken Paninni. Fucking great. their Caesars are also fucking great. and the ice cream brownie dessert i had. fucking great.

7:28 p.m.  
Blogger jnelle said...

i say a jont to happy hour at mavor's some friday for the free snack foods should be on someone's summer list of -to-do's

8:08 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

yes! let's get dressed up and pretend we're cool and then only get one drink and eat all the free food.

10:21 p.m.  
Blogger David Fleming said...

We can also bring out iBooks and be snooty with their free wireless internet.

Represent.

10:23 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

But I dont have an ibook. Can I come too? I will probably buy more then one drink!

10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Praps you can join us Christopher. I mean 3 bucks for a glass a wine never hurt a lady. Haha remember the night we got drunk on the Row few summers ago, and went and harrassed Sidney at the old Confed restaurant and cause a rukus!?

Good times non?

2:31 p.m.  
Blogger - said...

I do remember that. We got rather full, and not on $3 wine!

Twas a greatsh time, oui!

8:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home