Monday, May 01, 2006

Got to Scrape That Shit Right Off Your Shoes

So I am moved back to my parents' house for a short month before I start my summer work. Naturally, my room is an absolute mess now because when you move, you tend to just chuck things into your room in no particular order. So now that everything is here, I have to begin the organizing process. This is what I have also pegged "The Purge." I am being ruthless and minimalizing as much as I can. I have realized I own so many things that I do not even need or use. It almost made me throw up a little in my mouth. Yard sale and give-aways are soon to come.

But the fun part about purging and going through your stuff, is finding little trinkets and boxes and things you've held on to through time. I have come across a few things that have made me laugh in this process. However, what has just made my day is a pink, flowery jewellery box I recieved from my Grammy when I was little. Assuming inside was a silver bracelet (or something of that sort), I opened it up. Inside lay three hockey cards. AND they are all rookie cards! What a find! I have no idea if these guys were any good or if these are worth any money, but it would be neat to find out.

  • Derian Hatcher- Minnesota North Stars
  • Igor Ulanov- Winnepeg Jets
  • Owen Nolan- Quebec Nordiques

Any sound familiar? Man, I'm gonna be so rich from my hockey cards. Anywho, it's been tiring yet fun with this whole purging business. Though I think I am taking longer than one may expect, but meh. Plus I get to dance around and blare the music right loud while I clean. Ya gotta love that.

3 Comments:

Blogger jnelle said...

i'd say maybe the last two could be worth something, since those tesams don't exist anymore! yay!

6:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen Nolan is a good player

3:00 a.m.  
Blogger David Fleming said...

Derian Hatcher is a subpar defensive defenseman.

Igor Ulanov retired to a modest pension. I think he scored 4 goals in 10 years.

Owen Nolan was once a force; that is, until he proceeded to play for my beloved Maple Leafs. He now sits at home, stripped of the function of one of his knees.

Sorry to burst your bubble Ash. Those cards are destined for the spokes of a bicycle and not the hockey hall of fame.

10:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home