Thursday, May 11, 2006

Hey You, Get Off of My Cloud

We all have them. Whether we want to admit it or not. Guilty guilty pleasures. You know those things that you hate to love? Those things you're too embarrased to let most people know about? Ideally you would have yourself hate that thing, but an emotion of pure bliss washes over you and you can not control your love for it. That, my friends, is true love.

I have been realizing some of my own guilty pleasures and reflecting on some of my older ones, and we really should not be ashamed of our guilty pleasures. As embarassing and silly as they may be, we should take pride in those things that makes us uncontrollably swoon.

Now what made me realize and reflect on these things is my most recently recognized guilty pleasure. Peake's Quay. I hate, hate, hate that I love this place. Even if I don't feel like going, I always end up having more than enough fun. One would think you would get tired of this place. The same bands all summer, who play the same songs all summer, most of the time the same faces and you are usually drinking the same drink. But the fun you have dancing to said songs, with those said people and drinking those said drinks, for some reason, makes me the giddiest person in the world. Maybe because it's summer. Maybe I just like having fun. Maybe I'm just in love with Joey Kitson.

So go ahead, love those things that make you blush. Embrace. Obsess.

I love S Club 7.

10 Comments:

Blogger - said...

I love The Simple Life.

I also love rhymes and poetry... do you?

9:37 a.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

america's next top model.

and drinking out of paper bags.

10:01 a.m.  
Blogger Joy said...

Tyra mail! Drives me bonkers, but I want to see how the girls do each week.

And American Idol, I know it's popular but it's still something I don't like to admit that I like. Except to everyone on line apparently.

11:21 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The smell of slightly sunburnt skin...

and looking at shirt cows.


- Breck

3:30 p.m.  
Blogger Tay said...

Oh, ANTM! I've started downloading episodes! They actually have the first season out on DVD and I'm contemplating buying it. Karen and I watch it together so religiously that even if I'm working Wednesday nights, she will come to the bar and watch it with me there!

9:55 a.m.  
Blogger shan said...

I love to hate that I really enjoy a good episode of the Lizzie McGuire Show--and S Club 7 as well...my favorite song being You're My Number One...It's just so catchy!

7:07 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Oooooh I love "You're My Number One." And I also love the show tha isn't on anymore. Even D.Dubs thought they were a good group. God love him.

8:44 a.m.  
Blogger shan said...

and we all know that D Dubs. knows good music...I MEAN HE'S A CELEBRITY!

12:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love to smell my own farts.

:X

that is a disgusting guilty pleasure.

Dutch oven, anyone? haha:P


*guess who, and she's not on PEI!*

2:45 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Hmmmm....I am guessing Smelly Janelly!

hot.goat.salad.

HAHA!

11:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home