Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm Looking Through You, Where Did You Go?

Sooo being the technology whore that I am (or at least pretending to be), I bought myself a new camera. A Canon PowerShot A530 to be exact. I wanted to get an SLR, but a girl can only afford so much. So I settled with this one after being overwhelmed by selection and features. I do miss the simple days. Adjust aperture, focus, CLICK. Wait for the film. Tada! Though, these digital things are supposed to make life easier so I guess I shouldn't complain. Hmm...Or maybe I should. Christ, life isn't easy! I want a camera that gives me a challange damn it!

But I digress...So as a new owner of a new camera, I naturally had to test it out and took it for a walk in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. My yard. Please, indulge, as I walk you through my photos.

Here is a lovely little plant that grows every year aside of our deck. Lovely greens, non? I was impressed that the camera could focus in so close. Oh, I love technology...but not as much as you, you see...but I still love technology. Always and Forever.

Here is our quaint little flower bed, complete with Asian shrubery (not in picture). I love when the tulips open right up and you can see inside them. This shot also reminds me of Alice in Wonderland when she is tiny and stumbles across the singing flowers. And then they get angry at her and the daffodil blows his horn right in her face. That daffodil looks like he's doing the same. Bastard.
Ooh who's that sexy la...oh I mean, gosh damn! Whose ratty ass jeans are those! Honestly, who sews a crotch patch on their jeans!
Aww. There's my pretty. And by pretty, I mean pretty effin' slow! I kid, I kid. Well, she is slow when she's on the water, but she sails and that's all that matters. Should have thought twice before naming her the Grease Nugget.

So I guess blogger won't let me put any more pictures on so I'll have to cut my tour short. Although there was only one more picture left. And it was of a Yellow Rumped Warbler. I watched two of them flirt in one of the trees the hammock is connected to for about 25 minutes. Jeeze, I thought human courtship was bad enough to watch. They took bloody long enough. And I didn't even get to see them do it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

I take all my photos with my Sony DSR PD150 (video camera)

if ever their was a challenging camera woot nanny.

So i get to control all the technical things; apature,white balance,focus etc etc manually..a fun and tricky task
what pushes me over the edge is the view finder..I constantly have to correct for the fact that the LCD screen makes the image about 30% brigther .if i use the other view finder it's all in black and white and I can never tell if i have my color right..even if spend all the time in the world I still get rather bleached images...but when a good one comes a long ..it feels good

4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home