Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hello City



Best first day of summer E-V-A.

With a high of 26 degrees Celcius, a trip to Blooming Point was planned. The goal was to get out there around 11:30am, but I met a few obstacles on the way. Tash was too sunburned to spend another day at the beach, but she had kindly cut up some watermelon for those of us who were going. So I went to her place to pick up the watermelon, stayed for 20 mins, soon realizing I was running a little late and had forgotten my purse. So off I go back down the Stratford road, with my foot a little heavy on the gas pedal, turn up and my street only to notice a cop car behind with its lights on. Oh shit, I thought, and it was even a woman cop so I couldn't even try to use the "I'm just a girl" approach.

-Cop: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
-Me: "Speeding I assume."
-Cop: " I caught you doing 80 in a 50 zone."
-Me: "Sorry."
-Cop: "Did you also know your registration has expired?"
-Me: "No, it's my Mom's car."
-Cop: "Can I see your lisence?"
-Me: "Well...I was just on my way to get it actually. It's at my house just up the street."

So I'm speeding, have no registration, have no lisence. I was pretty sure I was fucked. Before she heads back to the car to run my name, she asks, "How do I know you?" We figure out she was at the Dunsford Family BBQ held last week and her 5 year old son tap danced for me and gave me his autograph. Sweet Island connections.

She lets me off with EVERYTHING, but making sure I know that I would have otherwise got over 200$ worth of fines. I must have been wearing my lucky bathing suit.

So despite that little delay, the day was wonderful. Laid on the sand, swam and snorkelled for a bit, ate ice cream at Jewell's, played mini-golf, ate BBQ steak and drank beer...all in great company. Pics can be seen HERE.

Great way to start off the summer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

isn't that unreal. I find someone out here who knows Kinley! Gee it's been so long. Give her my regards

10:28 a.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

OH yeah, your cop story is pretty funny too..heheheh

11:31 a.m.  
Blogger S said...

So jelous I am. I was in the office ALL day. And that Hector is so cute!

Hopefully in will be glorious this weekend. I'm giddy for some beachin :)

12:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home