Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Baby Got Sauce

Well I am back on the rock after a lovely little vacation to la grande ville. Montreal, what can I say? I loved it. It is a fabulous city, and I am not one to tell a big city that it's fabulous. But I really did enjoy it beyond my expectations. Maybe I am a little biased because I seem to have a soft spot for Quebec in general.

I did all the touristy things I wanted to do, except I didn't make it to a strip joint. I pondered about going to the Super Sexe in mid-day and ordering a steak and beans. I thought that would be the classiest thing to do. But chickened out as I approached the bouncer standing on the sidewalk. So instead I visited the Biodome, the Insectarium, Les Jardins Botanique, Musee des Beaux Arts, strolled the McGill campus, Old Montreal, the Bell Center, went to Old Quebec for the weekend, ate REAL poutine, and le shopping. Oh, and drank beer. Lots of beer. Photos for your viewing pleasure, click HERE. I love rhyming.

But my favorite thing to do when I go to a new place is to walk, walk, walk. I like to challenge myself in getting to know the area so that I use the map less and less. So I walked. A LOT. Not only do you get to know your surroundings, but you get to people watch. Which is one of my faves. In the big city though, you can definitely be over-stimulated as there are people doing crazy things everywhere.

I suppose it was the atmosphere of it all that I loved. The lifestyle. The bilingualism. The anonymity. The French eating habits. Le Metro. Je l'aime.

Now I am home, and nothing makes me swoon more than seeing the red dirt cliffs coming over the Bridge. I am here for the summer and beginning work next Monday. What adventures this season will bring?

8 Comments:

Blogger David Fleming said...

La Musee des Beaux Arts was probably one of my top 3 favourite things that I saw in Canada. I spent two full days wandering that place, never got quite finished, got booted out at the end.

1:10 p.m.  
Blogger - said...

M'back too. Will write about my adventure/misadventures later.

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger shan said...

Montreal is by far the best walking city ever...never ending walking glory. If you are in for a walking adventure, gimme a shout

6:16 p.m.  
Blogger S said...

Ohhh I miss that little dog. Hector was so cute!

7:25 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

Christ only knows what this summer will bring. I am keeping my pockets full of hope that it will be something fun and exciting.

FYI, We will be coming out to Dalvay for a drink on the lenai. It is a lenai isnt it?

10:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lenai??? Just like GG. Haha. Well, you know i'll be at Dalvay every afternoon in that case.

8:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had known you were coming to Montreal. We could have hung out.

12:57 a.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

you should have went to club 281

10:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home