Saturday, September 16, 2006

Songbird Sweet and Sour Jane

Well well my beloveds, it's been some time non? I have been working like a machine, a machine I say! But it's all in great fun. I figure since I live out there, I may as well work as much as possible. So I've been trying to steal other people's shifts so that I end up working breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've been doing good so far. And of course I try to stay as long as possible so I can rake in the hours which equals raking in cash.

So due to this constant working thing, I have made myself accustomed to the Afternoon Nap. I, as in Ashley, have never been a napper, but now I can't go without my mid-day siesta. It happens mostly by accident. It's after my lunch shift and I lay in bed and read. Then the eyes start to drop, my hand starts to drop, and I eventually AND always lose my page in my book, and asleep I go. The dreams are fabulous at this time of day.

So I am home right now on my day off buzzing around this Internet thing, further preparing for my journey to Lord of the Rings Land. Today was spent with Ma checking out the Shellfish Festival (try saying it 5 times in a row) where we dined on Thai curries mussels, oysters, and seafood chowder. There was hearty old Irish music a-playing and we arrived just in time for the second heat of the Seafood Chowder Competition. We got to sample a couple but the hoards of people surrounding us waiting for samples kick started my claustrophobia. My claustrophobia of hungry old men wearing t-shirts that say "Where ya to Bye?" and hats that say "I Love Jesus." Regardless, the chowder was good, but not as delicious as Dalvay's.

Succeeding the Shellfish festival, we played tourists, and shopped the waterfront where How Bazaar is having a 1/2 off EVERYTHING sale! Glory be! And finished it off with supper at Churchill Arms where trivia was starting just as we arrived. Today was Good Timing Day. So we played trivia and ate. Curries and deep fried mars bars, oh my.

Well soon enough work will be done which I will miss. Many funny stories I have. One being, the groundskeeper finding my sandals on the golf green at the resort and hanging them in the restaurant kitchen hoping to find the owner. I claimed them back, only to be reminded of how they got there in the first place. Late night drunken twirling on the grass was the answer. How fun.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know what you did all day when you were not calling me....again.
Oh well, this is going in my dream journal anyways.

9:08 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

Holy Yellow!!

2:28 a.m.  
Blogger shan said...

I think I'm blind...
By the way the napping story...totally made me want to nap. I understand the whole working on site situation now...I get off work at 3 and go home to read or watch some tv and I end up asleep for a couple or 6 hours. I literally have to do jump n' jack's to stay awake. SIGH. LIFE IS HARD N'EST PAS?

10:18 a.m.  
Blogger Tay said...

Naps are lovely, indeed. When do you leave for the land of the Hobbit?

12:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home