Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sugar Dates...Sugar Dates and Pistachios

Back in le ville. Work is at its peak busyness. Or is it business? Technically it should be business, but is that spelling only reserved for the referal of an activity that a person is engaged in? Dictionary says "busyness." You win again.

ANYWAYS, my money is a-saving in preparation for my journey to New Zealand next year. Living at work with no where to spend money is working out fabulously. It just collects. I do spend quite a bit of time by myself which is a change for sure, but fun. However as a result (as many have witnessed) I tend to NOT shutup when I unite with my friends. Constant stream of words, no breathing, just talking.

So with no real organized thoughts I will use some bullets and provide you with a list of revelations and new observations. God loves the list.

  • This is the first time in the history of Me, that I have run out of both shampoo AND conditioner at the exact same time.
  • I love the sound of empty mussel shells being dumped out of a bowl and into the compost. Tied with the sound of someone biting a pickle.
  • I may, JUST MAY, have gotten over my girly fear of earwigs. Don't hold me to that one though until I've found one in my bed.
  • Read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Alice is over-the-top. I love her. She is neurotic. If she existed today she definitely would be on Ritalin or visiting a child therapist. Probably both. I'd love to see how she turned out.
  • Disney no longer makes hand-drawn musical cartoons and this saddens me. Remember The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King? Where their cartoon lives would pause and the town/jungle/kitchen settings would break out into song? The antagonists and protagonists would even collaborate to make a great tune, even if they were out to get each other. Music really does bring the people together.
  • I apologize for the rain dance I performed Thursday night.
Also, you get points if you guess correctly where the title of this post is from. Luke, you can't play.

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

HAhaha aww I want to play.but I shall respond to other things.

First. The last I heard, after Steve Jobs was given a controlling interest in Disney, They have made plans to bring classical animation back from the dead.Correct me if i'm wrong.

It is also worth mentioning that the Disney Renaissance ,(As it's reffered to) that started with The Little Mermaid and pretty much came to an ended with Tarzan( although you could say it ended before or a little after ) was the result of computer animation. Those were hybrid films where computer techniques were combined with traditional animation, to make a better product. Some easy to spot examples are the cave of wonders in Aladdin and some of the castle shots in Beauty and the beast. I like this hybrid form, and classical animation in general, I hope they bring it back.


Why is Alice neurotic? Its been a couple years since i've read the books, but to me she seemed like an ordinary child, who developed a fantasy world,based on an adult reality that she didn't understand. I'm sure Carroll used this reality to poke fun at his society, but I'll never know for sure. If anyone dose, please enlighten me.

11:30 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't it come from some random Aladdin character?

2:11 p.m.  
Blogger Esmé Glass said...

Aladdin! Aladdin! It's one of the vendors in the marketplace talking to Jasmine!

11:44 a.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

Aine and Josh you are correct indeed! Due to the copius amounts of Disney that gets sung at work while doing the mop train, I figured Aine would get this one no prob.

As for Alice, maybe neurotic was the wrong term. But she defintely has Only Child Syndrome. Even though she technically isn't, she talks to herself and has a very active imagination. Which is superb! She's very philosophical though when talking to herself and convinces herself that she has multiple personalities and argues with them. She's so cool.

10:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home