Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Just One Note Could Make Me Float

So slow they are. Just floating, pulsating, catching the current. They cannot see, they cannot hear. They are not out to get me. But in my mind, and many others, they ARE out to get me. Those god damned Jellyfish (Bloodsuckers some may say) are out there to ruin all my fun.

I don't even know why I let them bother me so much. Back in the days of sailing school, I used to jump in the harbor and swim through loads of them, stinging me head to toe. It really doesn't hurt all that much. But just the look of them. Their non-chalent attitude, knowing they hold the fears of most beach-goers. Fears that are somewhat comparable to Jaws when it comes to ocean swimming. I know I'd rather run into a shark than have a Jellyfish in the face. Slimy fuckers.

The ones with the long tentacles are the worst! I get creeped out anyways by things that are unproportionally too long. You know those clowns on stilts? Daddy Long Legs? That episode of Pinky and Brain where Brain wore stilts under a pair of jeans to try and take over the universe once again? Yeah, all that freaks me out a little. Long tentacles give me that same eerie vibe. And especially seeing them floating. Blech. As Chrissie Hyndes put it, don't get me wrong, I love the ocean and all its creatures, but seriously Jellies, get on with the mass suicide and beach yourselves already.

6 Comments:

Blogger shan said...

IT WAS LIKE A PARADE OF JELLYFISH...I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...AND THEN I WAS LIKE..."HEY YOU GUYS!"

11:34 p.m.  
Blogger Joy said...

Jellyfish are so icky. My cousins used to throw them at us when I was young and so I have had a crazy fear of them for some time now. However, I was stung by one for the first time the other day, and it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. Screw them I say. They will no longer ruin my summer fun again. Unless perhaps when they are parading around as Shan mentioned.

12:48 a.m.  
Blogger - said...

What about crabs? Don't they incite the same kind of fear?

11:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all about calling them "dandy long legs"
tasha

4:09 p.m.  
Blogger - said...

Back to the old format!

6:56 p.m.  
Blogger Luke said...

save the dolphins, but not the jellies? GASP!

10:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home