Sunday, December 26, 2004

I'm a Rocketman

Short and sweet. That's how it always is. 3 months or more of Christmas buildup and anticipation just for a few hours of one day. It's kind of like an orgasm isn't it? With a lot of foreplay.

Christmas was good at the Dunsford residence. We all got well appreciated presents from each other. I, myself, received a new pair of scuba diving fins and they are so beautiful. And work like magic in the water. They may be viewed here. My bro also bought me a watch made for scuba diving. So I can dive the depths of the world and still know the time. I got my UFIT passes which makes me happy because after these past two days I'm gonna need it. I also got a subsciption to National Geographic. That makes me giddy. And to top it off, my Dad bought me Queen's Greatest Hits album. I have been complaining about it for a year since my brother lost it when he went to Montreal.

Back to the meals though. It really is amazing how much your stomach can hold and how you can still want more to eat after stuffing your face. It's a great thing. In the past 2 days I have eaten 4 LARGE meals with LARGE amounts of snacking on sweets in between. And I just wanna keep on eatin'.

Right now, my family and I have just returned from Moncton. We were supposed to stay the night, but with rumors of a blizzard tonight we decided to leave early. You know what I love about driving? Is the oppurtunity to listen to music along the way. It pretty much uninterupted unless someone has something to say and the volume must be lowered, but all in all, it's the best time to listen to tunes. And with our family, we tend to listen to a good variety along the way. Today I whipped out Queen to start off the journey, then it was Keb Mo, Marvin Gaye, Elton John, Alanis Morrisette, and then back to Keb Mo. It was really just Dad and I listening as Ian was watching "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" on Mom's laptop, and Mom usually tries to drown out any sound of music in the car and constantly tells us to turn it down. Which works out fine with me since Dad and I have more similar tastes in music. And we both like to sing along.

So I'm back home and kind of wishing I had something to do. There's a couple bottles of wine upstairs that need to be finished and a lone Rev sitting on top of my fridge. I don't know if I am ready for a Rev yet, however, wine sounds fine with me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home