Monday, December 06, 2004

They're After Me Lucky Charms

Is there really a more perfect food than cereal? I could eat cereal all friggin' day. So many varities, so many endless possiblities.

You can eat it crunchy, with freshly poured milk on top of it or you can let it sit for a few minutes and let it get soggy. It's really up to you. You can eat it without milk and bring it to school in a ziplock bag and snack on it through out the day.

It's 7:20am Monday morning and it has dawned on me justhow much I love cereal. It gives me that kick in the morning. Its great to eat while reading the morning paper and doing the crosswords and cryptoquote. And the Jumble. You always have to do the Jumble.

The great thing about my house, is that we've always had a great selection of cereal in the cereal cupboard. We have the healthy stuff always accompanied by a box or two of sugary not-so-good stuff. Like right now we have Special K, Shredded Wheat, Rice Krispies then Apple Cinnamin Cheerios and Corn Pops! I love Corn Pops. And as always, the sugary stuff goes first (in like 2 days) then we are left with the healthy stuff. Which is always good. I enjoy the healthy stuff just as much. The Corn Pops and etc. are treats. Very welcomed treats. What I have noticed in some people's house is the lack of choice in cereal cupboards. I suppose some people just don't have the same passion for cereal. They will have one box of cereal in the cupboard. ONE! And it's always Raisin Bran or All Bran. You know it is. But don't get me wrong. I adore them both, but what does that say about someone's character when that's all they have in they're cereal cupboard? At least you know they are keeping regular.

My favorites you ask? Well...my all time favorite cereal ever is Multigrain Cheerios. So perfect in every way. If you haven't experienced them, you must. Close seconds are Corn Pops, Corn Flakes, Lucky Charms (which only appear in the cupboard maybe once a year), Cinnamin Toast Crunch and Puffed Rice/Wheat/Corn. I love them all really. I even love that Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cereal. So bad for you, but oh so good.

My father, David Wayne, is the grocery shopper of the house and is always up for experimentation. Although he is not a huge cereal fan himself. But when he sees a new product out on the shelves, it usually ends up in our cupboard. I'd like to believe that I know my cereal.

So if you are reading this post, I would be thouroughly enthralled if you left a comment on YOUR favorite cereal, and why. So don't be shy, leave a comment!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My computer is being slow and I connot seet the post button... oh good - there it is.

You know what is better then cereal? The fact that you just made a HUGE post about it at 7:20 am during exams. Ash.. I miss you.

I like honey combs and luckey charms. But we never buy either. The brand that I like that is healthy enough to make it into the Murnaghan household is Life cereal. Its pretty good too.

11:43 p.m.  
Blogger Claytonian said...

I actually get sick of cereal and have to give it up till I like it again

3:46 a.m.  
Blogger Janette said...

I'm a fan of the Captain...

The Cap'n of CRUNCH

And, really, any sugary cereals, but most have been named, so I'll leave it at that.

But, on the healthy side, let's not forget the glory that is Shredded Wheat. I love that stuff. Doused with brown sugar, of course.

6:04 p.m.  
Blogger Dancerboy said...

Not really a cereal kind of gal.

More bagel and coffee.

4:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home