Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Today's Post is Brought to You by the Letter P

Today I had enough. My favorite pair of jeans had formed a hole on the inner thigh quite some time ago. I did not care. No one could see it. And a nice breeze on the inner thigh once in a while never hurt anyone. But today, realizing that the hole is getting out of hand and that these same pair of jeans have faded into an almost acid-washed texture (not mention all the other pairs of jeans I own), I decided to get some new ones.

I know I am one of those people. The Triple P's. Those Picky Pants Purchasers. I could try on a bajillion pairs of pants and not find one that I am happy with. There needs to be proper length first of all. And for those who are appendagely challenged, like myself, It is rather hard to find pants that you don't have to roll up 4 inches. Then comes the waist. You don't want it too tight as to have the love handles rolling over your belt. But not too loose either, so that one can excentuate the curves that their body may have. I am fond of the hip-hugger style as they truely do hug your hips and a belt is rarely needed for these types of pants. Which makes me happy because I am not a fan of belts. Let us not forget the price. Being cheap and poor, 40 dollars is my pants price limit. And I'll only spend 40 if they look super bootylicious.

The factor that affects me the most however it the buttocks. I will NOT buy a pair of pants if the butt doesn't feel comfortable. Even if all of the above are absolutely perfect. One has to walk, sit, dance, bend, and function with your butt, therefore it must feel comfortable and at home. I find that many pants do not accomadate a pertruding buttocks. Many have a squishing effect that cause your butt to look flat. This I do not like for many reasons. One, it is terribly uncomfortable...bending and sitting become a task rather than a natural process. Two, it usually causes Thong Exposure Syndrome. This is where any sort of bending/sitting results in the rest of the room knowing what color you underwear is and where you bought it. Thirdly, it just looks funny.

So in my attempt I headed to Bluenotes with Karen to purchase the perfect, proper fitting pair of pants. I took about 12 pairs into the dressing room (which I continued to lock myself out of 3 times!). My expectations were low as I tried them all on with no winners. So I took a final gander on the sales rack (while I was waiting for someone to unlock my dressing room door again) and BABOOM! The 2 I picked fit (almost) perfectly. I scored a pair of jeans and a pair of cords. Not only are they cords though....they are pink cords. Close to hot pink even. And I love them. I don't wear pink a lot but I couldn't resist. The only thing I fear with these is my inability to match clothing. So if you see me out in my hot pink cords and an olive green shirt...tell me I look stunning. Even if it hurts to look.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home