Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Shoop

Well another year has come and gone, which means that when I get back to school tomorrow I'll be slapping myself in the head at the beginning of each class, realizing that I had wrote the date wrong on the top of my paper. I always do that for the first few weeks of class. Of course those are the weeks where I feel it is very important to keep my notes neatly written. But at the first of a new year my pages are always topped with a scratched out date. Oh well. So like any other bored-to-death student who hasn't been in school for a month, or just me, I have made a top 5 list of the best and worst moments of my past year. It took me a while to do these. It is a very hard thing trying to think of outstanding moments from a whole year. Luckily, my "best" list was much easier than the "worst," so here it is:


Best
1. Went on a scuba diving excursion to the British Virigin Islands and made some awesome friends and found one of my life passions. Also getting a sweet tan and bright blonde locks.

2. Passed biochemistry with flying colors! Well, it was flying colors to the close-to-failing student.

3. Had wonderful conversations with wonderful people and developed friendships with people I hope to never lose contact with. Ever.

4. Went to Quebec again to learn more Francais. And learned more I did! I lived with a very lovely family and they taught me lots of things about French, or shall I say Quebecois, culture.

5. Bachelorette Fest 2004. Must I say more.

Worst

1. Working at Sobey's. I hate big coorporations. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, the whole works. It wasn't the people who worked there because they were all great and friendly. It was just the whole business.

2. Throwing up. TWICE in one week! I threw up as you can read from my previous post. It was defintly one of the worst moments of the year. Or even my life.

3. I never seen a real life dolphin.

4. This probably a good thing, but I can't think of anymore bad times from the past year. I'm sure there were times well I felt less than great about something, but obviously nothing to bad enough to remember. So cheers to that!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, this is lennie. tall, hairy. the man with all the answers to questions he formulates himself. although i've been flirting with leonard and len as of late. my email: toboggan@fastmail.fm

no need for memory now.. i've got the internet. allow me to take a breath, and swallow my big dry and pointy pride without the aid of a glass of water, before i use this wretched and low verb, but i "googled" your name because you were in a dream and so i thought you would get a charge out of reading about it.

so, of course, on some level.. most, actually, dreams are pretty irrelevant, especially to share for entertainment purposes.. i could just make up any old story and say it was a "dream i had." i could say that i was dreaming that i was driving around charlottetown, but i thought it was berlin, by myself, in a schoolbus, in reverse, wearing vintage mickey mouse novelty ears with the left ear on fire (and it would be the left ear from any angle because the ears don't rotate with the head) and the fumes from the burning ear smelled like cranberries and rosemary. i could say that and it might be just as entertaining, but here is the actual dream experience:

it was seamlessly segued into with several episodes of flying, which my dreams often do, though the flying was more of the kite variety, where it was a struggle to get airborn and even once i was airborn, i had to really concentrate to keep from dipping into the ground. usually my flying is either like low steady floating, or sometimes, a full blown "pshhooooooo!" with might and confidence and accuracy. but this was a fun unpredictable balance in air. never have i had to flap to fly. then, after that, i was at a gathering and holding a precious sword in the air that was so sharp that it couldn't touch anything, so i had to keep it upright and away from everything for safety, while still mingling with this crowd of familiar people. a party, one might say. you and i were talking and then, (get the smelling salts) kissing! and i still had to hold the sword in the air, making sure not to cut anyone. i think i was wearing an unrelated costume. then it switched and i wearing a new costume in a waiting room and you were there too with other people. i was dressed as will ferrel in elf (coincidentally, i self-credited myself in the year 1999 with what i describe as "new wave bob newhart" comedy. i became quite addicted to it, and subsequently developed a stutter which i've since tamed)... but the costume looked almost identical to the understated but brilliant "Namor, the sub-mariner" costume i wore this past hallow's ween 'cept i had the cute little elf hat that "Elf" respectfully modelled off of the original rudolph stop motion 60's classic. then i went and flew some more. happy renewed year to your and yours.

12:49 p.m.  
Blogger Ash D said...

lennie....that may just have been the most entertaining response i've ever read...and not to mention the sexiest dream I could have ever been involved with...elf costumes are just downright kinky.

2:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home