Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Read the News Today, Oh Boy

Well, I've done it. I have perfected the art of absent-mindedness. Wanna hear about it? Of course you do. Today I am very frusterated. V frusterated as Christopher would say. The most frusterated I've ever been at myself. Yesterday, I am packing up the car with stuff from the cottage to take back home as work is almost finished. I have a large yoghurt container filled with all the coin I collected from my tips this summer. I am guessing approximately four hundred dollars worth of coin in that container. Could be more, I never counted it all. That was going to be my end of work surprise. So skip to this morning, and I am running around to all the dollar stores at 9am looking for coin rollers. I was counting the money today. Excitedely I walk in the door ready to count el dinero and it hits me. Flashback to yesterday. Where was the last place I remember placing the yoghurt money? On top of the car, the white Buick, I set the coin down to put the rest of the stuff inside. What the hell possessed me to do that? I KNOW the consequences to this action all to well. Except it's supposed to be a cappichino. Or a bag of Wendy's. NOT FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS! Off I drove, singing my Ziggy Stardusts. Then somewhere along the way I remember a thud. The thud. I thought it was the golf clubs moving around in the trunk. Meh. Off I went.

It wasn't the golf clubs. It was the yoghurt money. Thud, smash, spill.

I have done everything I can to maybe find it however no luck yet. So let this be a lesson to us, but most importantly myself, to never EVER leave anything ever again on the roof of the car. If you are reaching to do such a thing, remember me and this story and take it away. Away I say!

Anywho, I am calmer now than I was this morning, and I have just indulged on some chocolate chip pancakes which always makes me cheer. And in this past week I have seen Sarah Harmer live in Summerside and saw the movie Wordplay at City. It was about the New York Times Crossword puzzle and the annual Crossword Puzzle Tournament they hold every year. It's much more intense and suspensful than one may think. So I can't get too down about my stupid money loss. Still though, no leaving things on the roof of the car. Ever.

4 Comments:

Blogger - said...

Yes, I think that is the perfect lesson to take away from this. Not to be more aware of your surroundings. Not to be more aware of things of value. Not to take not of where you leave things. Yes, to ensure you do not leave things on the roof of the car.

I really am V sorry!

3:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my. I had to read this post twice. I couldn't believe something like that would happen. I sure hope you can back track and just continue to look for a huge amount of change someplace on the road.
"this isn't awesome"
"this isn't awesome"
le sigh.
tasha

11:51 p.m.  
Blogger Tim Gormley said...

Oh no, that is horrible Ash. I'm so sorry. :(

I had a roof incident myself years ago, but with a 100 year old pair of boots. They were for a play I was acting in, some museum loaned them...and I sat them on the roof as I was getting in the car. Thankfully, I drove back the way I came...middle of the night I should add...and found them in the dead center of the road. Sooooooooo lucky.

I really hope that your money does turn up somewhere. Take care.

Tim

3:03 a.m.  
Blogger Tay said...

Aw, babe, that's rotten. You totally didn't deserve that. Keep faith that Karma will hand you something wonderful to make up for it soon. Funny how we all have those roof stories, but we never seem to learn from them. Is it because we are short and can't see so well over the car?

2:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home