Tuesday, January 02, 2007

All the World is Green

Oh! Well hello there. It's been some time, non? You know, with all this Christmas/NYE brew-ha-ha and hullabaloo, time goes by quite fast. It was a grand one though. Lots of laughter with familiar faces and some more rare. All was fantastic. But what is finally sinking in, is that I leave in 13 days. Like, bugga mate! The excitedness and nervousness (the good kind) has hit me and I am lighting with giddiness.

I am spending two weeks in western Canada with friends and familiar faces. Proceeding, is a year spent traveling New Zealand. All new faces. None look the same. Isn't that cool!? Not one face I know. My main focus will be on organic farming and learning how to live off of the land, through an organization called Wwoof. Check out the link. In exchange for my work 4-6 hours a day on their farm, they feed me, accomodate me, and teach me things about farming. Also cool. And this is mostly how I will make my way around the country and meet people.

Of course in between farming, I plan to partake in such fun things as scuba diving and snorkelling, zorbing, working at an orchard, seeing live music, a flight and dive to the Great Barrier Reef in OZ, shearing a sheep, and finding those damn dolphins.

I am taking my computer with me so that I can write, store pictures, listen to my music, and to check in online to post pictures and email when the opportunity arises. Uh oh. I just lost the meaning for "opportunity" while trying to check the dictionary for spelling. But at least I now know how to spell it. Anywho, I will make a new blog for the journey. Haven't thought of the name yet, but it will be there eventually. So until January 16th, I am spending my time downsizing and organizing, and spending time with people. So give me a holla! And if by chance I don't see you, then, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

Here goes chapter 3.

2 Comments:

Blogger jnelle said...

i'm extremely jealous of the zorbing. send me one for christmas!!!

12:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, you must look up the character "Meggie" from Thornbirds!

11:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home